Tamil Nadu Iyal Isai Nataka Mandram
(Kalai Panpattu Thurai)
(Ramayanam kali Vizha)
Vidwan. Thiru Na. Vijay Siva Kuzhuvinarin
(Raman Kattiya Navarasam)
A beautiful sloka or verse by Bilava Mangalam alias Leela sukhar describes the nava rasas(nine predominant human emotions) expressed by Lord Rama, the manifestation of divinity on this earth during his life.
The story of his life popularly celebrated as Ramayana is the crux of hardcore Indian values. This verse beautiful becomes the central thread for this concert titled Ramarasam
Each emotion has been represented by a song. The dvd can be downloaded along with the power point in tamil which was used during the concert.
This concert was hosted by Iyal Isai nataka Mandram at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Chennai on the occasion of their festival on 9th Feb 2016.
shringAram kshitinandinI viharaNE vIram dhanur bhanjanE
kAruNyam bali bhOjanE adbhuta rasam sindhou giri sthApanE
hAsyam shUrpaNakhA mukhE bhayavahE bhIbatsam anyAmukhe
roudram ravaNa mardanE munijanE shAntam vapu:pAtu na:
Romance aplenty is on display during Rama’s sojourn in the enchanting forest, in the bewitching company of Seetha(his beloved)
Valour is demonstrated in the mastering of the Shiva Dhanush(bow)
Compassion that Rama showed towards the evil minded crow
Marvel when the deep, broad sea is bridged by mere monkeys, with stones and rocks
Humour is exhibited in the unseemly Shoorpanaka’s(a woman with poor calibre) improbable advances to Rama being rebuffed and her nose being cut-off
He fears committing sin.
Repugnant when approached by women of low integrity.
Fury and rage are exhibited in the terrible war fought with demon Ravana
Tranquil while in the midst of sages
- Manasu nilpa sakthi-Abogi-Tyagaraja-Adi(Repugnance)
- Yemi dova-Saranga-Tyagaraja-Adi(Anger)
- Padhi madhi nadhi-Karaharapriya-Arunagirinathar-Misra Chapu(Mercy)
- Kshithija ramanam-Devagandhari-Muthuswami Dikshitar-Adi(Calm)
- Adigi sukhamu-Madhyamavathi-Tyagaraja- Misra chapu(Humour)
- Annai Janaki-Shankarabharanam-Arunachala Kavi rayar-Misra chapu(love for beloved)
- Villai murithidum-Ramayana chindu-Folk-Misra chapu(Valour)
- Pibare ramarasam-Ahiri Bairav-Sadasiva Brahmendral-Adi
Idam: Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Chennai - 04